Cannabidiol is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. It should not be confuse with the (THC), a psychotic compound found in marijuana which is illegal in many nations. However, as many countries are easing their legislation on cannabis’ ban, many cannabis based products are slowly gaining their way into the market and CBD exemplifies that.
Even though little scientific data exists to confirm some health benefits to pets, pet owners have reported various improvements on their pet’s health after use of CBD Thegreen Ace. Some of the health benefits of include:
- Appetite stimulation
- It stabilizes the pets’ central and peripheral nervous system.
- Helps in controlling seizure
- Helps in controlling neuropathic pain
- It improves cardiac conditions.
- It possesses anti-cancer, anti- inflammatory and anti-epileptic properties.
Even though there are no conclusive scientific findings on negative side effects of CBD on pets, allusions can be made based on its side effects on human beings. Some of the known negative effects include:
- Dry mouth-it may lead to low saliva production which manifests itself through increased thirst.
- Drowsiness-since it has ability to control seizure, the calming effects may result into drowsiness.
- Low blood pressure-if taken in excess, it can cause a small decrease in blood pressure which leads to light headedness.
As the number of pet owners are increasing on a daily basis and many governments are lifting bans on cannabis products, the production of cannabis based products are destined to flood the market. With this surge, the presence of counterfeit products is eminent. It is therefore necessary to equip CBD products’’ consumers with relevant knowledge on how identify real CBD pet products from other products. Besides equipping them with such knowledge, it is also prudent to advise them on criteria to use while choosing the best CBD products. These include:
- Manufacturers’ analysis–most manufacturers indicate each components of their products either percentage-wise or grams wise. This will help consume to the quantity of CBD in what they are buying and ensure that the CBD they are buying are free of psychotic THC.
- Quality products– Quality and pure products are usually associated with relatively higher prices. Most consumers however would prefer products with lower prices. This may in the end be costly as such chep products are normally laced with herbicides, heavy metals and even pesticides which are potentially lethal to pets. Make sure that the CBD is pure and free of any additives.
- Go organic– most of the CBD are organic save for little preservatives added. In case of an additive, it should not be a fungicide, a pesticide or any solvent.
- Go liquid–most of the CBD present in the market is in oil form. This makes it easy for pet owners to adjust dosage as per instructions.
From practice, it is evident that CBD benefits outdo the negative side effects. And with more research being carried out, pet owners should only hope for the best provided they stick to the original CBD products.